Location:Room 4, Capital suite (level 3)
This session will give the delegates an insight in the female urology of the women in menopause. The participants will get an overview of:
• The specifics of the female urology and the hormonal issues in menopause.
• The symptoms and impact women experience on Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause (GSM).
• The possible treatments that are available for women experiencing symptoms of GSM, including HRT.
• The symptoms and treatment with bladder prolapse related to the problems in menopause
To give an overview of Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause (GSM) and alternative definitions. This will include the symptoms and presenting complaints and treatments and its impact on the woman and her health.
– Introduction to and classification of pelvic organ prolapse
– Prevalence, risk factors, symptoms and diagnosis
– Treatment: conservative versus non-conservative
– The role of nurses in the diagnosis, management and follow-up of women with bladder prolapse.